KAZAM Gymnastics is a fitness startup whose vision is to create a world-wide community of adult gymnasts. We are on a mission to elevate and coach our clients to maximize their full human potential!
As we age, injuries happen, we become sedentary and our bodies change. Fuelled by the mantra that movement is medicine, Kazam Gymnastics believes in building healthier bodies through a focus on foundational gymnastics strength training, full body movements and locomotions, and modern recovery methods. We’ve recently launched a very successful Indiegogo Campaign and raised $100,000 to expand our program into our own adult gymnastics dedicated space. After settling into the new location, the focus will be to continue growing our program with the online program development for mid 2020.
The Teacher Training program is an in class training program to help you establish the tools to help others, and enable you to deliver the methods of Kazam Gymnastics for adults. The program is divided into 6 core modules and delivered over 200 hours over a period of 6 months. The modules are full body movements, handstands, mobility and stretch concepts, gymnastics strength, joint maintenance, injury prevention, and a basic introduction to skills for adults.
If you’re wanting to learn the methods of Kazam Gymnastics, or wanting to become part of our team, then there is no better time. We’re not just teaching adult gymnastics, we’re teaching you how to teach others, that it's never too late to be AWESOME.
- A confident, positive and charismatic attitude.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- The ability to show qualities as a student. (Honest, positive, attentive, humble, self-aware)
- The leadership ability to coach classes comprising 8-12 adults (18-65 years old).
- The physical ability to perform the gymnastic basic skills you plan to teach.
- NCCP Gymnastics Level 1 certification (must have completed before assisting with any classes and can be taken during enrollment of the internship program).
- Active involvement in the gymnastics or health and fitness community.
- A background in health and fitness, as a therapist, coach, or personal trainer.
- A background in competitive or recreational gymnastics.
- An interest in teaching/assisting other people to reach their gymnastics goals.
- The commitment to complete 200 hours over 6 months includes:
- 80 hours of in-class training
- 70 hours of coaches training & group discussions - covering 6 modules of KG
- 20 hours of active participation in Onset Program with other members
- 30 hours of group class assistant coaching - Onset program & regular classes (Before assisting with any gymnastics you will need to have completed the Gymnastics Ontario Lvl 1 NCCP Course. The course is $280 over one weekend with Gymnastics Ontario. This is not included in the cost of this teacher training)
6 Kazam Gymnastics Modules (72 hrs of group training and group discussions)
- Module 1 - Movement & Locomotions (January 25th & 26th, 1 - 5pm, 9 - 3pm)
- Module 2 - Gymnastics Mobility (February 15th & 16th, 1 - 5pm, 9 - 3pm)
- Module 3 - Handstands (March 7th & 8th, 1 - 5pm, 9 - 3pm)
- Module 4 - Bent Arm Strength Skills & Lower Body Strength (April 4th & 5th, 1 - 5pm, 9 - 3pm)
- Module 5 - Straight Arm Strength Skills & Rings Strength (May 2nd & 3rd, 1 - 5pm, 9 - 3pm)
- Module 6 - Skill Development, Power, and Injury Prevention (June 6th & 7th, 1 - 5pm, 9 - 3pm)
- A deeper understanding and connection with the different components of gymnastics.
- A deeper understanding of the physical and mental development of gymnastics.
- Ability to apply the different gymnastics methods for different needs in adults.
- Ability to compliment gymnastics with other forms of physical training or sport.
- Ability to create a well balanced training diet to prevent injuries and spice up your training
- Development and improvement of your teaching skills to make gymnastics accessible for everyone.
- You’ll learn to help others...and teach them how to be AWESOME regardless of their age, limitations or fitness abilities.
Date: January 2020 - June 2020
Location: Ottawa Gymnastics Centre (Kazam Studio)
Teacher: Program lead by National Gymnast Alex MacInnis
Duration: 200 Hours Spread into 6 Weekends, plus additional training and classes spread over 6 months
Cost: $1500 - initial 30% is due by December 15th, the remainder is due by the start date of this program. (Monthly payment plans are available)